For the nephrology centers NEFROIATRIKI & NEFROS NEA IONIA the protection of your health data and confidential personal information is of utmost importance and is a priority. For this reason, all the necessary technical and organizational measures are implemented, as defined by the General Regulation of Personal Data Protection (EU) 2016/679.
The nephrology center reserves the right to modify and adjust this policy whenever necessary in accordance with applicable national and European legislation. Any modification enters into force from its public appearance on the website www.nefroiatriki.gr.
- What data we collect and process
- When you visit the nephrology centers, the personal data collected and processed in the first phase are intended to provide medical services for the replacement of renal function.
For dialysis services to patients, nephrology centers collect and process the following personal data: name, gender, age, address, contact telephone number, ID number, TIN, SSN, social security registration number, insurance fund and health data such as medical history, results of diagnostic and medical operations and analysis of hematological examination through blood sampling.
For security reasons, in the indoor and outdoor areas of the Nephrology Centers, there is a closed circuit television (CCTV), through which they record images of patients, visitors and employees in the public areas of the facilities. The recording of images and the processing of data is done in accordance with the current legislation.
- When you visit the website of the Nephrology Centers (www.nefroiatriki.gr) our website (www.nefroiatriki.gr) operates using cookies. Regarding the use of the data collected through cookies, refer to the Cookies Policy that has been posted on our website.
- When you use the contact form of the website of our Nephrology Centers (www.nefroiatriki.gr). When using the contact form, we collect the information you fill in the fields (name, email address and phone number in order to respond immediately to your message.
- Who are the recipients of personal data
In our Nephrology Centers every employee is authorized to have access to your data, in the context of performing his duties and depending on his job. In addition, your personal data may be read to third parties when required.
Here are some examples:
your insurer, in scientifically interconnected hospitals, with treating physicians after consultation with the patient, in a supplier of dialysis materials and in public bodies in the context of compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory framework. The transfer of personal data is subject to the condition of medical confidentiality and complete confidentiality.
- Period of retention and use of personal data
The storage data for as long as the patient visits one of our Nephrology centers. According to Law 3418/2005, the patient's medical record is kept for 10 years. The data are then kept for an additional 10 years for security reasons and possible controls by government agencies.